FWD is looking for a digitally savvy and tenacious PR and Social Media Account Executive to join its team. You will enjoy working with a varied set of clients across the FinTech, Insurance, Legal and broader corporate and commercial areas, as well as playing a key role in executing FWD’s own communications strategy.
You will help us to bring our clients’ stories to life in an engaging and creative way, researching ideas and identifying media targets and drafting brilliant press releases, features, newsletters and social media content.
As well as building strong media and influencer relationships, you’ll enjoy a tight knit, fast-paced, and exciting environment where creativity is encouraged to roam free.
In addition to your client facing role, you will also assist with the website management, content creation and social media management for FWD’s own channels.
We are looking for:
- An interest in current affairs, the world of business, media and a genuine interest in communications
- A passion for research and ideas as well as being a speedy, creative writer and editor
- An ability to communicate ideas and concepts in an engaging, clear, concise way
- Digital and social media experience, or an interest in developing skills in this area – including video and SEO activities
- Support in integrated communications campaigns working with colleagues across several sectors
- Someone to become an integral part of each client team, building excellent relationships with clients and colleagues
- Assistance in tracking and analysing reporting and results
Specific day-to-day tasks, against which annual performance will be measured, include responsibility to:
- Maintain a current diary of upcoming UK economic and business events, and distribute that to the PR team so that the team can see which opportunities for their clients are coming up
- Undertake public relations work as required and at direction of the account management teams, including:
- Drafting press releases and articles
- Distributing press releases to journalists
- Liaison with clients and journalists, as approved by account handlers, including attending client and journalist meetings and social events
- Helping to draft plans for clients
- Contributing ideas and suggestions as to how to best generate coverage for our clients as required
- Researching and monitoring of sector issues to develop opportunities for client media commentary
- Assist with the layout of pitch documents and other client presentations as required and to set deadlines
- Assist with social media and digital marketing – including content generation
- Conduct research for pitches and marketing campaigns as required and at the direction of the PR account handlers
- Organise and set up agenda for meetings, contribute as required
- Organise the quarterly client account meetings for the account managers
- Deputise for other administrative staff during their absences and take responsibility as required for efficient office management at these times
- Excellent communication skills especially on the telephone and be responsible for efficiently transferring calls and delivering messages to team members
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other general computer skills
- With an eye for detail but able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm and a proactive, can-do attitude & good teamwork skill
If you are interested in this role please email your CV & covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org