HSB launches new consultancy services to help businesses improve the overall health and life of equipment
London, 16 November 2020
- New specialist technical services focused on equipment efficiency and health and safety practices.
- HSB is using its technical expertise to expand its equipment inspection services into a wider offering for customers.
- HSB’s consultancy services are available in the UK and Ireland.
- Services cover the areas of equipment condition and performance, vertical transportation and health and safety.
New services delivered by HSB’s technical experts
HSB is expanding its engineering services to deliver consultancy services that enable businesses to improve efficiency and meet their compliance obligations.
Using the technical knowledge and expertise of its engineers, HSB’s new range of consultancy services will provide businesses with improved analysis of their equipment and health and safety practices. This will enable companies to understand and maximise operational efficiencies; helping them to reduce breakdown and risk, as well as lessen maintenance and energy costs.
The new consultancy services include:
- Equipment Condition and Performance Services – The services are aimed at reducing breakdown, maintenance and energy costs with vibration and thermography technology used for leak detection.
- Vertical Transportation Services – Aimed at improving lift and escalator efficiencies and reducing maintenance and energy costs, these specialist services cover the complete life cycle of a lift or escalator – from pre-handover of a new lift through to lift maintenance audits and disability access surveys.
- Health and Safety Services – Focused on improving health and safety management systems and practices, the services cover areas such as lighting, noise, work equipment and safety management.
Announcing the news, Paula Homan, Director of Engineering Services, said:
“We know that businesses are looking to optimise efficiencies, reduce costs and most importantly, operational downtime. The launch of our new consultancy services is part of our strategy to make equipment not only compliant and safe for use, but to provide our customers, across all industry sectors, with additional added value services to help them improve the overall health and life of their equipment, and safety of their employees.”
Gareth Bendelow, Technical Director, added: “Our suite of consultancy offerings use the technical expertise and experience of our engineers to deliver competitive and compelling services that offer real and tangible benefits to customers. Having the ability to understand how equipment assets are performing and where equipment might be failing is a key benefit for businesses looking to optimise equipment and operational efficiencies.”
Phone: + 020 7280 0640
New London House
6 London Street
London EC3R 7LP
HSB, part of Munich Re, is a specialist insurer and provider of inspection and risk management services. HSB’s insurance offerings in the UK and Ireland include construction, equipment breakdown, cyber and computer, and energy covers. HSB blends its engineering expertise, technology and data to craft inventive insurance and service solutions for existing and emerging risks posed by technological change. Throughout its 150-year history HSB’s mission has been to help clients prevent loss, advance sustainable use of energy and build deeper relationships that benefit business, public institutions and consumers. HSB holds A.M. Best Company’s highest financial rating, A++ (Superior). For more information, visit www.hsbeil.com and connect on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, primary insurance and insurance-related risk solutions. The group consists of the reinsurance and ERGO business segments, as well as the capital investment company MEAG. Munich Re is globally active and operates in all lines of the insurance business. Since it was founded in 1880, Munich Re has been known for its unrivalled risk-related expertise and its sound financial position. It offers customers financial protection when faced with exceptional levels of damage – from the 1906 San Francisco earthquake through to the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season and to the California wildfires in 2018. Munich Re possesses outstanding innovative strength, which enables it to also provide coverage for extraordinary risks such as rocket launches, renewable energies, cyberattacks, or pandemics. The company is playing a key role in driving forward the digital transformation of the insurance industry, and in doing so has further expanded its ability to assess risks and the range of services that it offers. Its tailor-made solutions and close proximity to its customers make Munich Re one of the world’s most sought-after risk partners for businesses, institutions, and private individuals.